Saturday, November 14, 2015

Putting Them Together

First the 1/4" thick sole piece that I traced from my Airwalk flats is sewn to the lower outer pattern piece that I made. Originally, I was going to make this rubber but I cut leather matching the shoe. (Denatured alcohol to clean leather surfaces and rubber before applying glue).
 I used 1/16" thick cork that mirrors the insole pattern piece provided. This cork is a layer on the outside concealed by stitching that is along the lower edge around the toe to the heel.
I used the orange thread as a detail topstitching for this lower seam. One can see the cork placement it appears like arch support here.
This sole cork is two 1/16" thicknesses glued together making 1/8" attached to the 1/4" thick leather Airwalk flat sole. A pausing point because I want to consider the construction of the straps. And the rubber requires some cleaning and sanding before attaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment