Saturday, November 28, 2015

RESOLED

Dangling My Final Finish
Test walking my MOCKaSIN boots I kept having issues with the heels corner edge adhering. My third gluing I noticed their was some chemical reaction happening with the black rubber that is actually vehicle wheel tubing. Also. I questioned the composition of the Duratek Soling. The Barge glue I am using is specific for rubber and leather. I realized closely examining my soles that only the outer edge of the rubber was being contained. It was very easy to remove the black rubber using an exacto knife slicing around the sealed outer edges.
Close up (right heel) one can see the chemical reaction the Duratec was having against the tubing.
The crepe rubber sheet was ordered from simpleshoemaking an etsy.com store. https://www.etsy.com/listing/191563576/8-x-13-piece-pf-316-thick-natural?ref=related_listings
Before adding the crepe sole I glued in another layer of cork.
I forgot to take a photo of the cork and crepe before trimming. Luckily, I had some super sharp shears because the rubber was very difficult to cut using regular scissors. Immediately I knew this new sole was the best solution. These new crepe soles are like walking on sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment