Friday, November 13, 2015

The Materials


6-7oz leather and 5oz short curly sheepskin 
The base for the outer sole is 1/4" thick leather. This is not included in my pattern.  Therefore, I traced the base of my Airwalk flats.
I made an extra base sole pattern piece to attach the sole. Originally, I cut this out of rubber but it will be out the same color leather as the boot. 
This is how I will attach the 1/4" sole to the boot.
The final layer of the bottom of the sole will have this nobby rubber sheeting that is the same cream color as the sheepskin.
Here all the 7oz leather pattern pieces are cut and stacked.
All the sheepskin pattern pieces that will be the lining.
I am using cork and rubber to cushion my steps insole and outer sole.
Rubber is being used exclusively helping cushion the sole.







No comments:

Post a Comment