Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Just Kicking It


Today is my first day wearing my MOCKaSIN boots outside walking around. I am really in love with this pair of shoes. I cannot describe the deep grateful personal satisfication wearing shoes one has made for one's self. After walking three blocks from my house a minor setback, I noticed the heel corners starting to peel up. I wore them a couple hours and the only problem appears to be 1/4" peeling up of the heel corners. This is the biggest contact point walking. I have cleaned sanded and re-cleaned the flaps and applied glue. To remedy this minor error, I have made a thick coat of rubber 1/4" on top of the soling sheet to create a better seal. We shall see if this is the best solution.
Wearing these compares having identical comfort to wearing my running shoes. The only difference between the two is that the runners have a flared heel that cushions the weight being placed backdown. All other impact wearing my handmade MOCKaSIN boots with either concrete or asphalt have been comfortable and provide a well cushioned stride. I'm very pleased and anxious to wear these daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment